Sunday, April 10, 2005

My Son

My son is out of the hospital finally. He has been diagnosed with strep reisistant pneumonia. He has something called a PICC Line inserted in his right arm. It's a long IV line that goes to a central artery so that it can get medication into the body faster.

He'll have this line in his arm for three weeks and need to have daily infusions of medication.

The doctors hemmed and hawed for four days debating whether to put in a chest tube.

But, my son is home finally. But he's pissed at me big time.

What is my sin?? I left his woobie at the hospital by accident.

Yes, my son's security blanket. And I forgot it when we were discharged...

I feel like a totally horrible parent for forgetting it. It really made me sad. That's the kind of thing you save for them in their memory box.

Well, I can't now...unless the housekeeping staff at the hospital cared enough to save it...

GOD..PLEASE LET THEM HAVE SAVED IT...

I cannot stand the wrath of a four year old....

I am such a horrible father.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, completely didn't think you looked like that. Glad to hear your son's out of the hospital though.

Anonymous said...

Ok, completely didn't think you looked like that. Glad to hear your son's out of the hospital though.