Wednesday, July 30, 2008
But there is a catch to the accolades. I need to nominate at least seven other blogs and list them here. So, here goes...
1. Mystery Classmate - This is a blog set up by an alumnus of my old high school. He basically takes pictures of our classmates as we are now and then asks the rest of us, Who Is It? It's a fun way to see what our friends and classmates are up to. And how much we've aged.
2. Up The Downstair - A blog by one of our directors at our station. Great insight and wonderful photos. Especially of one of my favorite places on Earth...The Outer Banks of North Carolina.
3. Turdpolisher - A fellow photog from Baton Rouge, LA. His perspective on life, the daily grind and his unique philosophy are the draw. He shames me into wanting to be a better blogger.
4. All Things Cleveland - A blog about the beauty of Cleveland, my adopted hometown, and everything to do with Cleveland.
5. OtakuPhotog - Another fellow photog, Erin Winking. He's in Oklahoma but I've followed his adventures since he was in Illinois. Great reading and he's a great guy.
6. TV Photog Blog - Another brother videographer. Chris Weaver is a photog from North Carolina and another blogger that makes me want to be a better blogger. His sense of humor, caring and our mutual admiration society of Lenslinger, the Godfatehr of photog blogging, is why I give him this award. His stories are wonderful. He's also a good family man. Check him out.
7.J.Y.O.A.G. - A hit or miss blog. Looks like it was gone for a while but is back. Written by someone who speaks his mind and isn't afraid to upset people or kowtow to political correctness.
So, after getting this award from Taawd, I'm giving these blogs above the Taawdy. But there's a catch...
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
There you go. Have fun and check up on those bloggers above.
He didn't show up while I my shift was up. I figured I might as well take a picture of something.
What's on tap tomorrow? Probably the same thing but different county official with the same F.B.I. problems.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
I was setting my camera up after running cable (this was at 4:45a.m.) when a man driving by slows, rolls his window down and asks, "What's going on? A parade?"
Excuse me? Pardon my language but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Now I'm smart enough to understand that not everyone keeps up with the news. As much as I'd like people to be more aware, it just isn't going to happen.
But why would anyone think that news cameras lined up and pointing at a funeral home could possibly suggest a parade?
Oh but it got better. I was asked a second time by a totally different person driving by, with their child in their car, when the parade started.
A Summit County deputy was walking past and mumbled loud enough for me to hear him.
I couldn't agree more deputy.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Anyhow, I was amazed when they brought out the trophy for the winner of the championship. This thing is the original trophy that was created in 1937. Ha all the winners names engraved on it such as, Snead, Trevino, Player, Palmer, etc. You get my point.
Look at this monster...
It's over three feet tall and weights a good bit. I'd at least estimate it at thirty pounds.
Well, that was my thrill of the day. I did contemplate doing something with the trophy and eBay but, I thought more about how much I love my freedom so I quickly dropped all of those ideas and finished my live shots like a professional should.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Yup....interesting start to my shift.
Oh the night just got better from then on. I was returning to my station when I drove in front of the homeless shelter that is on our street, when this guy jumps out in front of my truck causing me to lock the brakes. He starts jumping up and down and screaming nonsense at me and cursing.
Wonderful. Just what I needed. I back up and drive around him and head back to the station.
Then about two hours later I'm called out to a standoff...but that is another story involving desk people and me thanking God that I have a scanner...
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Very long night. I'll blog about this when I wake up in a few hours..
Follow the link and click on play icons. I got the ground video and the explosions..