Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Photog Bloggers Unite

Oh I am so PISSED at blogger.com!! I had finished my whole blog on the Photog Bloggers Unite. I hit publish and WHAM...It was vaporized into the nether world of the internet never to be seen again. About four hours of work down the G*ddamn drain.

Well, I had really good blog and a whole lot of pictures. Even for the way I write, I thought it was pretty good. Well, now I'm in a surly mood. I'm more than pissed now..

I wanna scream and physically throttle everyone of blogger.com's people. Even if it's not their fault. If this had happened to the Pope's Blog, it would make him want to kick a baby.

So, everyone gets my abbreviated version. Sorry, I don't have the time to re-write everything...Damn..I'm royally pissed..!!

MY CAMERA
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I run a Sony DSR-500WS DVCAM.
I don't like it. It sucks in low light, but at least it's not MII like I first used when I got here at WKYC.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I use a ElectroVoice RE50. Lectrosonic wireless TX and Lectrosonic Wireless Lav for my microphones.

MY RIG
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I drive a 2002 Ford Explorer XLS 4WD. It is known as Unit 20. It has 66000 miles on it. It is unmarked. It was supposed to be marked, but I lobbied for it not to be. We don't wrap our vehicles anyways. Just a small logo on the sides and back. It's also the undercover team's backup car when they think they've been made on surveilance.

I also drive Live Unit 1. I switch out of my Explorer half way through my shift because I work overnights and I do live shots for our morning show.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


MY WORKPLACE

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is our lockerroom. It's known as the batcave. We really don't hang out in it. It's just a place to transfer gear for those that don't take their gear home. Also, the part-timers use it when they work.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is our readyroom/photog lounge/human fishbowl. A lot of the guys don't like it because of the huge window that faces the newsroom. But at least it has some creature comforts. Wet Bar and jacuzzi are the "perks". Just kidding. It's more of a 7 person hot-tub.

I wish I'd been able to write as much as my fellow blogging photogs here. I had originally but for some reason, blogger.com ate my homework.

Here's the all the photog bloggers that are doing the show-n-tell today.

Be sure to check them out!



lenslinger

tv photog blog

newshutr's views

beFrank

kazz's world

little lost robot

smitty

erin winking

colonel corn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Job for a re-do. I hate it when that happens. You may want to check out the 'recover' function however. The blog editor periodically saves your blog to a cookie in your computer. If you would have backed up a page after the blogger crashed you could probably have hit recover and had most of your post back. I know this is too little too late, but anyhow, GREAT POST and GREAT PIX.

Weaver
http://tvphotogblog.blogspot.com

Kenneth said...

Man, I feel your pain. But, great job getting back on the horse. I didn't think I was going to make the dealine either. But, we are pros at "making things happen."

The Colonel