Friday, April 07, 2006

Opening Day...

I HATE opening day. I absolutely loathe it. The madness that ensues around the mystique of this time honored tradition just drives me nuts. Things never go right. The plans of the producers who say that they have things all "set up" for the crews in the field, never are set up. It's always up to us to save the show and make up the things as we go along. We always have to grab our own interviews and basically make things work of our own accord.

This morning it just rained and rained on us thus enhancng my love of opening day. I'd much rather be in the stands or watching it at home while drinking a beer. Hell, I'd like to be drinking a beer while working the morning show for opening day. But I guess that is frowned upon by management and the public who get in the way when you drive down the sidewalk on the way back to the station.

As I write this, I am at home watching the Indians beat up upon the Twins but alas, I am currently beerless.

Ah well, there is always next year.

No comments: