Saturday, August 12, 2006

Jumpywhatme?Nonotme!!

After spending the whole of Thursday morning at the airport telling people about the foiled terror plot, I felt a little tired and so I went to get a cup of coffee. Luckily, about seventy feet down from one of our plug in boxes is a Starbucks. So, I go over and decide on something with a little kick. Coffee with a double shot of espresso.

As I watch the barista make the coffee and add the second shot, she is asked a question and walks off, leaving my coffee sitting there. Another clerk comes up and asks if that was my coffee. I answered in the affirmative and said it was a double shot.

The second clerk proceeds to add two more shots of espresso to my already caffeine injected brew.

Do I raise a finger to stop her? Nope.

Folks, let me tell you that this was the stupidest move I think I've ever made.

I take back my hazardous waste Venti and proceed to drink it at a moderate pace. It was as if I'd shot it straight into my jugular. A quadruple shot espresso/coffee mix coursing through my veins made me a little, uh...manic hyper. I could feel my eyeballs jumping.

My heart was beating faster than I think it ever did before. And my right hand started shaking with tremors. Only my right hand. My drinking hand. It shook like it wanted to jump off my arm and strangle me for putting it through all that caffeine.

Thank God, I didn't need to shoot off the shoulder because I couldn't have held it still if my life depended on it. I couldn't sit still for the next three hours.

Worst. Experience. Ever.

4 comments:

turdpolisher said...

ggggggladddd you wwwwaited to pppost tillllll it worrrre off!

Widescreen said...

Our female sports presenter is a very attractive little thing. Anyway, a secret admirer keeps sending her slabs of Red Bull. Why? No one knows. She does not even drink it, but she always lets anyone help themselves. When it’s gone, another turns up!

Anyway, I don’t drink it but a mate of mine at work sculled a can and we went out on the road. Just as we got to the job he downed a second. It was hot, but I think he simply forgot what he was drinking.

We were setting up for the interview and he started to rant and rave about nothing really. Then he started to bounce around the room like a super ball gone mad. In the end I had to send him out while I worked. Took hours for him to settle and he said he thought his heart was going to leap out of his chest!

*lynne* said...

lol! hyper much? reminds me of something i read recently about how the folks at starbucks ensure baristas pull the perfect shot of espresso... you can read that here. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

News, If you ever come down to the Miami area I will take you for a Cuban coffee. Same basic thing you had but with a lot of sugar and served in a shot glass.

-DoubleU