Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sadly, I've Crossed Over

I am now officially a mini-van owner. I am no longer in control of my life. My life is controlling me. The fact that our family SUV, a 1998 Explorer, is becoming a money pit. It has upward of 215,000 miles on it. The fact that it lasted that long is remarkable in it's own right. It has served us well. Now it is our second car and last resort vehicle. Enjoy Semi-retirement old friend. You've earned it.

We're now driving a 2006 Dodge Caravan. It's not the car we wanted but it's what we could afford and it has 19,000 miles on it. It also has SIRIUS radio with it so we're happy with that too.

I'm no longer Newshutr, cool news videographer. I'm newshutr....soccer-dad.

God, I'm sad right now..

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just made the transition from MiniVan back to SUV. We were looking to replace our 99 Grand Caravan with 110k miles and I found a killer deal on a 2003 Ford Expedition Gas Guzzler. 22k miles, Clean Title, $16,300!

Of course I'm still trying to sell the mini!

turdpolisher said...

Welcome to the carpool lane.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the minivan dark side.

Next thing you know, you'll be wearing shorts and knee-high black shorts...with sandals!!!!

Anonymous said...

A few years back my family decided they wanted a mini van, and my husband thought it was the best idea ever. I hated that thing! I would feel like I was rattling around in that thing when I was alone in it. Thank God...it was a lemon and we got rid of it and I got to go back to a car! I was really miserable driving that van...so I relate with you...100%...but the kids will love it, I am sure...hmmmm, the memories...now to go check out the Weaver person...he/she sounds Amish!

Ellie

BeFrank said...

I used mine to haul lumber and power tools. I beat it up and sold it for a Jeep Wrangler when the kids started leaving home.

Cheer up, life gets better.