Friday, February 22, 2008

Coackroach 30, Staff 0

This is too funny not to post...

COCKROACH GETS TV STAFF FIRED

Thirty TV station staff have been sacked after a cockroach was seen scuttling across a news reader's desk during a live broadcast.

Disgusted viewers bombarded the station in Turkmenistan with calls saying it had put them off their dinners.

The large brown insect crawled a full lap of the newsdesk on the 9pm news programme, Vatan.

But the appearance of the insect had more far-reaching consequences than viewer complaints.

The country's president, Kurbanguly Berdymukhamedo, was told about the incident.

He was so horrified that he fired 30 workers from the station.

The sacked workers included journalists, directors, camera operators, and technical staff.

The country's minister for culture, Gulmurat Muradov, has also ordered an internal investigation.

According to The Guardian, it is not the first time the country's leader has had a run-in with the state news channel.

Former president Saparmurat Niyazov, whose authoritarian eccentricities were world renowned, sacked several executives after drunken technicians failed to screen the new year's address to the nation.

The bulletin eventually aired at 3am.



I find it ironic. Usually management doesn't appear on the air...


Hey!! No heckling in this blog...!!

Ahem..

But this isn't the first time a bug has caused hysteria on a news set..



Even a little gecko gets into the act...



What was it W.C. Fields said? Oh yeah, "Never work with children or animals."

3 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

That first video is hilarious!

Hey, I haven't told you yet. But thanks for having my back. Dad2Amara and I both appreciate it!

Mrs. EntryReqrd said...

The second video I have seen before but it is a true classic. What a riot.

The first video, with the weatherman, I was like WTF, somebody just club that guy and put him out of our misery. How can you do a job like that and fly off the handle at the littlest interruption? PeeWee was watching and her comment was "How Gay was that?". Well, that pretty much sums it up for most.

Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

I´ll have to check that out when I have the chance.

I guess by now you know that Myron Cope has passed away. My best friend (who introduced me to my wife...and he's still my best friend!) interned at WTAE TV in the early 1980s and he remembers Cope yelling at Paul Long to quit smoking his cigar in the men's room.