Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bloody Week

It's been a bloody week and how appropriate for my first week back from vacation. This Wednesday a man was robbed and shot in the parking lot of his apartment complex. He was shot in the arm and hit in the brachial artery. He jumped over a fence leaving a lot of his life on the wood. He bled out running up the street and passed on someone's front stoop, leaving handprints on their door.

Thursday morning, a fatal one car accident where the driver was ejected and died at the scene. I arrived in time enough for me to see them covering up the driver's body. Lucky me. It wasn't pleasant and I could have lived my life without seeing what I saw.

This Friday morning started out quite peaceful. I did a live shot at Cleveland's Benedictine H.S. where I had to shoot the monks having daily mass. Right after mass was over, my phone vibrated and I was told to head to a multiple car accident with a fatal.

One of the monks must have heard me talking to the desk because he came over to me and said, "You must see a lot of bad things." I told him about where I was going and what I'd seen in the two days prior. He put his hand on my shoulder and said a prayer and blessed me. Then he smiled and walked away saying, "Go with God."

I almost cried on the spot.

No comments: