Saturday, December 03, 2005

And When I Awoke

Living in what is considered the snow belt of Ohio isn't easy. See, when the wind comes over Lake Erie in a certain direction, and the lake is warm enough, we get something called Lake Effect. Lake effect is a bitch and her name is well...bitch!! Ask the people of Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY what lake effect snow is and if they don't pummel you to death with the bloody stump that used to be your arm, then they'll tell you that it's a bitch, just like I did.

Well, seeing that I'm off on my weekends just made this more special. See, I didn't have to go out in the mess that is lake effect. I could sleep in and wake up to this

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yes, this is two feet of snow. This is actually 2 feet of lake effect snow in one day. Up by the lake, did they get this much?? Noooo. See, lake effect passes over those towns close to the lake for about 6-7 miles and then drops it's load inland.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And it's really beautiful. But it sucks having to walk around in it, drive in it, etc...

When is spring again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, gotta love the lake effect snow, last year i had friends up when it wasn't supposed to snow, and between sheetz on I-44 and the I-44 and I-76 junction it magically snowed two inches when the radar had been clear when i left hiram