Saturday, May 20, 2006

What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate

Friday morning, I waited and waited for my reporter to get her stuff ready for our morning live shot. It was to be on the reaction to the Da Vinci Code movie. Our show starts at 4:55a.m. and it was getting extremely close to 4:30a.m. and we hadn't left the station yet. Jacque, my reporter, walked by me and said, "Go ahead and I'll take my truck."

At least, that is what I thought she said.

So, I ran to my live truck and headed out. Not two minutes later, a very upset reporter called me and asked why I left.

I told Jacque that I thought she said that she was going to drive herself.

Apparanlty I heard wrong. My bad. OOOOPS !!!

3 comments:

Kenneth said...

I would have liked to see her face when she found out you left her. I agree. Everybody likes to squeeze the photog. Time to fight back.

Widescreen said...

I'm with you on this one. Our cars park in an underground carpark. Our crew room and the canteen are nearby so often the crews are floating somewhere in between.

The office will call and say 'so and so' are on the way down. I am always waiting and then the pressure is on me to hurry. No way.

Last time it happened, I left without them and said that I thought I was told to go. At least I got the shots. I was not about to miss it because someone decided to stop by the canteen and the toilet on the way to the car.

As Colonel says, it's always our fault! Very rare to find a reporter human enough to admit fault.

turdpolisher said...

good for you!

maybe gettin left and burning their own gas will get reporters off their asses and in the truck on time!