Monday, August 18, 2008

I Hear You Knocking But...

I don't want the damn Watchtower. I don't want to be woken up by my children, after only twenty minutes of my nap time (I still work overnights), telling me that there's a guy with a shirt and tie on with a ticket book at our front door.

I don't want to talk abut Jehovah. Or Yahweh or Buddah, Shiva, Mohhammed, or Confucius either.

I don't want any damn literature or pamphlet.

I want you to go away. Quickly. As in right now.

I have nothing against you or your religion. But as of right now...


I want to sleep.

I want my home to be a bastion of privacy from people knocking on my door, scaring my kids and waking me up to talk about God.

I want to sleep.

I want to pick you up by your collar and belt and physically heave you fifteen feet or so into the air whilst I grumble, "You woke me up...", as you land on a patch of grass in my front yard. Hopefully that patch of grass has been used by my Blue Heeler as her chosen toilet that morning.

And no, I don't want to by frozen meat out of the back of your truck. I don't want to help you with your college student trip to Uzbekistan by buying magazines.

I wonder if a "No Trespassing" sign will work...

3 comments:

Frumpy Curmudgeon said...

from experience, I know the "NO TRESPASSING" signs don't work. I have one next to my front door and people ignore it.

I've been tempted to augment said sign with either a poster of a vicious dog or a sign saying "this property protected by Smith and Wesson.".

The scurrilous door-to-door leeches are annoying enough - and even more annoying when one tries to sleep during the day. My sympathies.

Mom2Amara said...

It has nothing to do with working overnights.

Home is home.

And those solicitors are uninvited strangers. Tell them to get the eff of your property.

If we need something, that's what the Internet is for.

taawd said...

{taawd continuing the sentence after the post headline}

...I don't want you to change my furnance filter, check my water pressure, etc.

...don't you know I work overnights, friend.

this post could also be called "i hear the phone ringing but..."

btw, thanks for taking joy to the restroom.