Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh Deer!!

Well, this morning I killed Bambi's mother. Yep. I hit a deer while I was going 65 m.p.h. Luckily I was in my work vehicle which was my 2002 Explorer. Thank God I was driving something substantial or I probably wouldn't be alive today. The doe came out of nowhere and I just caught a quick glance at her before the impact. It was a very hard hit. I hurt my wrist a little with the gripping of the steering wheel.

The whole of my front end is bashed in, my radiator was punctured and both headlights were knocked out. Both quarter panels are crumpled.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

But at least I'm alive..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did that once...scared the crap out of me. You spend your whole life watching for things on the road, then something comes at you from off of it.

And damn, those things are STURDY!