Monday, March 26, 2007

Zumba

This morning started a week long series of live shots for me and my reporter Jacque on Shaping up for your swimsuit. Basically, we're showing you how to get in shape for your summer swimsuit. We were at a dance studio that has classes in Zumba. It's basically fitness dancing to latin music. It started in Columbia pretty much by accident. You can read more about Zumba, here.

Arriving at the dance studio this morning, we were told that we'd have at least fifteen people for the demonstration. Wonderful, we thought. It's usually a whole lot more people that show up for our live shot demonstrations so we were psyched.

Until they showed up. There were a whole lot of 15, 16 and 17 year old girls plus a few women in their early 30's that would be "Zumbaing". Now normally being a red blooded, heterosexual male you'd think I'd be in Nirvana. Well.....

Let me tell you. I've never seen a cleaner dance floor and better electrical work on the ceiling as I examined the conduit work done by the electricians. I just couldn't look at the young girls. I felt....dirty. The moves that Zumba involves made me realize that if I saw anymore that I'd already seen, I'd be showing up on the next Dateline sting.

I'm not usually a prude but damn, I think I'm getting old too fast for my own good.

And it really, really sucks.

2 comments:

turdpolisher said...

Chaperoned a 7th grade dance for my son last year. Thought the same thing.

Where were these girls when I was that age? It's hard to believe I was too wrapped up in Rod Stewart, Boston, and all things KISS to miss something like that!

Anonymous said...

How interesting that this comes from Colombia. My wife is form Colombia (no, she wasn't a mail order bride for some fat, balding loser!)

Latin dancing tends to be a little suggestive to rather racy. It's a reflection of the culture.

My buddy's ex-wife was also from Colombia. Those ladies tend to wear full makeup, dresses or short skirts and high heels just to go to the supermarket.

See ya later,
Penguins Fan