Monday, March 17, 2008

It's St. Patrick's Day..

Big Fat Hairy Deal.

Seriously. I've never celebrated SPD. Why? Because I'm not Irish. Why pretend I'm something I'm not? I don't think the idea of drinking green beer is fun. I abhor the thought of wearing green just because...

And what I hate the most is pointing a camera into the midst of a bunch of yelling drunkards that wear shirts that say "Kiss me, I'm Irish" and who couldn't find Ireland on a map if their next beer depended on it.

I guess that's why I like working the overnight shift so much. If I do have to face the "Irish" of this day, there's not a whole lot of drunks at 5:00 a.m. in the morning.

I'll spend the day sleeping (after working, of course) and trying to figure out why my wife's computer isn't printing from the Airport Extreme.

Happy March 17th. Just the 17th. Not that other God forsaken day.

Oh and like the song says...

Give Ireland back to the Irish....JPM.

2 comments:

Fred Oftencold said...

Dude, you are well on your way to being the "Scary Grandfather" one day.

Mom2Amara said...

I didn't wear green yesterday and everyone asked why not.

Um, last time I checked, I wasn't Irish. Fair enough answer, eh?