Friday, March 07, 2008

A Waiting Game

Currently, my wife, Elizabeth is in surgery at a local hospital. I'm glad I took my laptop because I discovered they have Wi-Fi available for patients and their families. keeping occupied during the surgery is a must. I don't want to fall asleep in the waiting room and reading magazines from 2003 is torture.

So, I'm able to keep busy and pass the time.

One funny story this morning concerning work. I had to get up early to take my wife to the hospital. My work cell phone rang which is strange because I normally get no reception from the new cell phone carrier my station chose. Anyways, the phone rang at 4:56 a.m. and I answered it. The voice on the other end said, "Brian!!! Where's the truck parked?"

I recognized the voice as Bill, the reporter I usually work with in the mornings. I told him, "Umm, Bill, I'm off this morning. Call Derek." The words, "You're off?" and "Oh Shit!" were heard by me as he hung up.

I turned on the news quickly to see if Bill made his 5:00 a.m hit, which he did but a little hastened to say the least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with your wifes surgery today.

Prayers are with you.

Mom2Amara said...

Hope your wife is recovering well. Thoughts and prayers going your way!