Saturday, April 19, 2008

Robots Are Going To Kill Me

Currently I am lying on an air matress in the Carnegie Science Center, in Pittsburgh. I'm here for my son's boy scout sleep over. To my immediate right is an orange industrial robot that has been programmed to shoot a basketball at a hoop.

Every once in a while the robot spins around and extends it's two pronged appendage in all sorts of directions as if it's "looking around" to see what is near it.

I'm sure that it's not happy that it has been retired to a life of free throws when it used to do heavy lifting or precise work that engineers took months to program.

The dance it does is really a facade. It's plotting to kill someone while they're sleeping, in revenge for it's demotion.

I hope I make it through the night.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: