Friday, April 18, 2008

Well, I Really Did It..

Well, I really did it..

We went out about an hour ago to take/teach the kids bike riding. Their bikes needed air in the tires after a winter not being ridden. We took the training wheels off today.

We(the family and I) went to the local gas station to get air for the tires (.75 cents...ain't that a bitch!!??), so I get the first bike out and set it to the side. I go back to the van to get the second bike out.

Unknown to me, the first bike must have rolled back behind me (training wheels weren't off yet) and when I stepped back, there was a bike in my way.

I stumbled backwards, holding the second bike out to balance myself as I was geting my right foot tangled in the first bike. I awkwardly danced back about three more feet and caught my left foot in a crack between a concrete and blacktop section. I felt a stretch and a pop and then I saw the sky. My wife came out and was aghast.

Now I'm in agony, my left ankle is swelled up to the size of a beefsteak tomato(e) and I've just downed two tylenol with codeine.

Ice and Tylenol 3, elevation for the foot, ibuprofen and muscle relaxers. What more could a guy ask for?

Oh yeah....rear view mirrors.

2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

OMG are you ok?

More importantly, can you shoot? (Sorry, that's the assignment editor in me...)

Hope your ankle is ok!

Mom2Amara said...

And btw, you should just tell the kids what I tell Amara -- outdoor activity is overrated.