Saturday, February 19, 2005

The Candor of Children

This morning, I was not feeling good. Usually I will do my daily routine of shave, shower, etc.. But I didn't today. I just veg'ed in front of the TV and laptop. Not feeling well, I didn't do much of anything. My wife went into work for four hours to help out there, so I was alone with the kids.

My boys, being the kind, caring tykes they are, cuddled with me on the futon in the hopes of trying to make me feel better. And I admit it. Having your kids snuggle up with you while you're not feeling well, helps make me feel better anytime.

Until...

My wife comes home, and I announce my intention to get myself together by showering and shaving.

And my oldest says, "Yeah daddy...you'd better shower. You're STINKY!"

(cough)...

AT least he's honest.

No comments: