Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Packzi Anonymous

Today is packzi day. Yes, packzi day. What is a packzi? Well, first it's pronounced punch-key. It's Polish in origin from what I can ascertain and BURRRRRRRRPPPPPPPP..

I'm SO sorry. I really beg your pardon. Excuse me for that. I usually don't go animal house on people reading this. Didn't mean to offend.

Anyways, a packzi is a Polish donut, deep fried. It's a heavy pastry that can be filled with a plethora of different fillings. They're ususally made the day before lent begins. It's to symbolize the using up of all that will be given up for lent. So, URRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPP....

Again, I'm sorry.

Well, this morning, I was sent to do a live shot at a bakery that was making the packzis. And I fought my hardest not to give in. I swear it wasn't easy. But, at my shot, I was very proud of myself. I did not have any. And believe me, these packzi pushing old ladies and their chief, the baker as he calls himself, did everything to turn me on to them.

"Would you like one?", a sweet little old lady asks. Oh sure, give a guy the first taste free. Next thing you know, you're in an alley, living in a cardboard box wondering where you're going to be able to score your next bite of packzi.

"Hey, look at him, poor guy, what happened to him??" "What, old crazy Jim over there?? He was a morning TV cameraman until he became a packzi addict. Don't make eye contact with him. He'll wanna talk shop with you!!!"

I've seen stronger men than I succumb to the temptation to the little grey haired harpies and their sweet offerings.

HA! Away foul temptresses!!!! And get thee gone with thy vile offerings of deep fried sweetness. Away I say!!

Ok..so I waited until I got back to the station to have one.

...burp...

Ok..two...

Anyone get a new refrigerator recently that I could have the box to??



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of it.... but sounds very yummy. A Fat Tuesday Polish Treat!!