Saturday, March 05, 2005

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

The past week up here in Cleveland, we've endured a rough time. First off, we were supposed to get a HUGE winter storm. It was supposed to hit on a Monday and drop anywhere from 6 to 8 inches of snow on us. The weather guessers were all advising this.

Then there was a huge sound over the northeastern Ohio. The sky was going fall, they told us. Run around..be prepared.

They were wrong. The most that fell that night was two inches. The guessers were wrong. They caught hell for it. We all laughed at them. Some even APOLOGIZED on air for it.

Then the next day came. And without warning...WHAM. We got hit with around four inches of snow...during the evening rush hour. It snafued traffic and as I was out running errands, it took me an hour and a half to drive 15 miles. Lovely.

That night, it snowed again I awoke to a new 10 inches of snow outside my house. I live in the area of N.E. Ohio called the snow belt, and they didn't name it that for shits and giggles. Well, downtown Cleveland wasn't hit that bad, plus the ODOT crews got ahead of the curve. The roads were wet, making our live coverage of the morning traffic conditions a joke.

Then that morning, a line of squalls hit, dumping another 4 inches of snow on us. And making my drive home almost two hours long. Oh JOY!

That night, it squalled more. Another 3 inches of snow. My grand total outside my home was close to 23 inches of snow.

Man, I can't wait to retire to the Outer Banks!! I'll take a hurricane over snow any day.

No comments: