Thursday, March 17, 2005

My Wife's Black Eyes

Well, today my wife looks like she went a full 15 with Muhammed Ali. She has two very swollen and bruised eyes. Her forehead is purple and painful.

Why?? She just doesn't listen...

NO...WAIT!!! That's a joke...come back. Sorry..just had to. I know tasteless joke. I never said I was PC..

Ok, well the REAL reason my wife has 2 black eyes and a bruised frontal lobe is that she had a procedure done to remedy her constant migraines. A local surgeon here is doing a study on migraine sufferers and my wife qualified for the study. She had botox shots 2 months ago to paralyze muscles that make migraines horrible. The injections helped but they wore off as the botox left her body. The next step was the surgery.

The actual surgery is akin to having a brow-lift. Now, it looks like I belted her good for burning my steak. Well, the one thing that saves me from that stigma of wife beater, are the drainage tubes that stick out of her scalp and the vaccuum vials that collect the blood that seep after this kind of surgery. She kinds looks like a pugilist-frankenstein monster.

It still makes me wince, though. Even after she has those tubes out, she'll have black eyes and the questions will begin. And I guess I'm a little sensitive to having people even THINK that I've hit my wife. I know I shouldn't jump to that conclusion that people are thinking what they're thinking. But, I'm 6'3", 280 lbs and I shave my head. I'm kind of an imposing figure. My wife is 5'5".

But then again, why should I care what they think..????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope the surgery brings relief to her migraines.

And don't worry about other people, they will probably think "wow, she's lucky because she got a brow lift plastic surgery", and will think you're a great husband for supporting her cosmetic surgery!! :)