Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It's An Interesting Night Already

Just finished shooting a fire on Cleveland's west side. Was asked by a local resident, "Can I be on TV? I just had work done on my tattoos."

Yup....interesting start to my shift.

UPDATE...

Oh the night just got better from then on. I was returning to my station when I drove in front of the homeless shelter that is on our street, when this guy jumps out in front of my truck causing me to lock the brakes. He starts jumping up and down and screaming nonsense at me and cursing.

Wonderful. Just what I needed. I back up and drive around him and head back to the station.

Then about two hours later I'm called out to a standoff...but that is another story involving desk people and me thanking God that I have a scanner...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last week Fire in Elyria & this week the west side.

Are there no pyromaniacs in Mentor or Chagrin Falls?

Fred Oftencold said...

The guy jumping up and down in the street sounds like a typical Obama supporter.

Mom2Amara said...

What's with you and people jumping in front of your live truck? Suicide by TV? Stupidity by...nevermind.