Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Amendment To My Resolution, Plus A Foot

I recieved an e-mail today basically strong-arming me into posting to my blog today. I won't reveal the name but it rhymes with Lenslinger. But first I must make an amendment to my News Year Resolution (yes, I meant that). I need to amend that I may not blog over a weekend. Why?? Well, I don't work my weekends unless called in for spot news or the rare fill in spot. So, I'll pretty much have nothing to offer up. Not that I have much to offer up during regular days of the week. So....NYAHHH!!

Now, for my blog. I didn't blog yesterday because well, basically I'm in pain. I've been in pain for a long time but the pain is getting really bad. The problem is my left foot. My left little piggy is aching his way all the way home. Ok, it's not so much my little toe anymore. It's the pain radiating down the left side of my foot right to the arch.

I'm a barefoot person by nature. I love walking barefoot either indoors or outdoors on grass. Well, my affinity for walking barefoot indoors has led me to my predicament. My predicament is, is that I have two boys. And boys love their toys. Boys love to leave their toys out on the floor sometimes. And sometimes their toys are toy tractors. METAL toy tractors. Well, yours truly went walking barefoot across the dimly lit living room carpet one night a few months ago. My muffled scream was more than enough to say, "Hey dumbass, you just kicked a metal toy tractor with your bare foot. Actually, you fool, you jammed the toy up against the wall with your little toe as the jammer. Golly gee!!! Doesn't that hurt??"

In the morning, my little toe was black and blue from the tip of the toe down to the arch. My wife, a R.N. said, "Yup, it's broken. Nice work!" (Well, gee, thanks nurse Rachet.) A steady routine of ice and a wrap was treatment from her and I admit, it seemed to have worked.

Until a month ago where I was at a standoff and stood for a good six hours straight. I came home, went to bed after work and woke up about two hours later with pain shooting down my foot and across my arch. It's been hurting ever since the standoff, a dull ache really until now and I suspect that I may have cracked open a hairline fracture that I suffered originally when I played footsie with the toy tractor. I'll find out on the 19th when I go to the podiatrist.

Now, that being said, I've been asked to fill in occasionally as a studio cameraman for our stations's daily show, Good Company. It's a live show and it is overtime for me. Problem is, it runs an hour. Well, I'm damn near agony after a full day of work and standing still for the most part of an hour. Advil has become my best friend.

So, there is the blog for yesterday and today. Now excuse me, while I hobble off into the bathroom and freebase more Advil.

2 comments:

Kenneth said...

Man, don't let slinger get under your skin. He used to be a manager once but he ain't got no teeth. Just because he goes to a hurricane and takes his lap top to blog while he is live on the air doesn't mean he is any better than the rest of us. You tell him "hey, I got a life buddy." Thats what I do when puts the screws to me.

Hope your foot feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes I am Nurse Ratchet - Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.