Thursday, January 12, 2006

How Many Times??

This morning I was sent out to a homicide. This is the sixth homicide in Cleveland and it is only the 12th of January. Going to be a bloody month. Anyways, I get to the scene and it's not a happy one. Seems that a good samaratin tried to break up a fight and got his throat slashed in the process.

As I'm shooting the scene, a Cleveland cop comes over to me and says, "You were at the E.126th homicide last week weren't you??"

"Yeah, I was."

"Did you see the victim??"

"No?!? What about him??"

"He was half in the house, half out of the window! Shot nine times!!!"

"What?? Nine times?? How??"

"A bunch of people were in the crackhouse and some dude just starts shooting the place up. People just started jumping out of the windows and the second floor. The victim made it halfway out the window when he died."

Jeez. Had I went around the corner of the house I'd have seen him. Glad I didn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might think thats bad, we are at 10 for the first 12 days here in Richomnd VA.

Anonymous said...

Funny, these high murder rates are higher than the rate of death in Iraq...