Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Wife And The Car Accident

Last week, my wife was on her way to meet me at the podiatrist's office when she had a little car accident. She turned left at a light with traffic in front of her to come upon a car stalled in the intersection. The car had no hazard lights on, no brake lights, nothing showing. My wife had a left or right decision. She couldn't go left because of traffic stopped at the light so she turned the wheel right and scraped the other car's right side mirror down the side of our Explorer. She went up oer a curb and hit into the guide wires attached to an electrical pole.

The impact of the Explorer hitting the wire, snapped the top of the pole holding the electric wires. They hung precariously over my wife's car but didn't touch it. She called me in a panic, crying that the cops wouldn't let her leave the car. Telling her that the car was the safest place for her calmed her down a bit.

In a few minutes, the fire dept. showed up and rescued my wife from the car. Thanks to the Pepper Pike Police and Fire Departments.

The guy who was in the car that stalled was driving on an expired license. My wife gets cited for assured clear distance but we're fighting that. Plus the fact that $3200 damage was done to our car.

But all is well otherwise.

2 comments:

Lenslinger said...

That's weird. MY wife was in a fender-bender last week. Three grand damage. Not her fault, but still a giant pain. Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

I was not crying about being stuck in the car. I was upset that I was stuck in the back of the police car while they got the Electric Company out to fix the pole. Get your story straight.