Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I Hate the Cold

Living here in Cleveland, it can get cold. Mind you, not as cold as those poor people in Embarass, MN that hit a minus 54 degrees yesterday, but cold nonetheless.

What I can't fathom is the reasoning to tell people HEY DUMBASSES...IT'S COLD OUT HERE. Or, better yet, HEY YOU MORONS!! IT'S SNOWING HERE IN CLEVELAND. Yes, it's the dreaded weather live shot.

For the past two days, I've fallen victim to the worthless weather liveshot. Hey..it's cold. Hey.. It's snowing. Really?? WOW!! I'd have never guessed it got cold and snowed in Northeastern Ohio in the wintertime. I guess it really is time to alert the media. Oh wait...that's me. I'm the one creating mass panic to some at home. "Yes..it might snow 2 inches overnight..." WHOA. Better call out the National Guard to plow the roads and help the elderly.

Hey Maude, feller on the tee vee sez it's gonna snow two whole inches. I'd better put the chains on the Yugo.


Pardon my sarcastic and wise-ass ways. Can't help it. Why?? Because I'm stuck doing worthless liveshots.

And it's damn cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when there is a "winter weather advisory/warning" do the people of Cleveland flock in great numbers to the grocery store to buy milk and bread?? Just wondering, because where I live they do. And I ask myself, what are they planning to eat... French Toast???

Anonymous said...

I love it when they decide to have about 6 hours of weather coverage and by hour 2 they are out of material but still keep going. They start talking about all kinds of crazy stuff (I think one anchor had picked a weather stranded plane of the day), why people even watch? I don't know