Monday, January 03, 2005

Motorcycle + Wet Road

This morning, around 2:00a.m., I was sent out to a possible fatal M.V.A.. Listening to the police and firemen on the scanners, I noticed they were talking about a motorcycle. My mind imagined the carnage that this scene will hold for me.

Lately, the past few days, we've had a build up of warm temperatures and melting snow. A constant rain helped melt the snow and yesterday it hit 60 degrees here in Northeast Ohio (very nice for wintertime) and I'm sure more than a few people were tempted to haul out the crotch-rockets.

Well let me give these "rocket scientists" some advice. If you're going to get out your bike, don't rev it so loud the neighbors complain and call the cops. Don't speed off when the nice police officer asks you to pull into a parking lot. Don't get into a 60 m.p.h. + chase on wet roads...

And lastly, don't lose control on said wet roads and hit a huge rock that someone has in their treelawn as a decoration. It can really ruin your day...plus cause you to fly abut 30' in the air and land...HARD.

Oh, I guess God does look after fools and drunks. This guy who was seemingly "Dead" just might recover....

No comments: